*NEW YEAR, NEW SHOES!
WIN A PAIR OF HUSH PUPPIES SHOES!
We have decided to giveaway a pair of Hush Puppies shoes of their choice to one lucky winner.
HUSH PUPPIES COMPETITION RULES
1. To enter the competition, entrants must either:
Facebook - Like Hush Puppies Facebook post as instructed, like the page HushPuppiesUK and sign up with their email address on www.hushpuppies.co.uk
Instagram - Like Hush Puppies Instagram post as instructed, follow @hushpuppiesshoesuk and sign up with their email address on www.hushpuppies.co.uk
2. The closing date for entries is midnight Thursday 14th January 2021. The winner will be chosen at random and will be notified within 7 days of the giveaway closing.
3. Hush Puppies UK is responsible for the lawful operation of the competition.
4. Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter.
5. The prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative.
6. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason, Hush Puppies UK reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal value at any time.
7. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or any other social media platform.
8. Facebook, or employees or representatives of Facebook is not assisting in the administration of the competition, and the communication and administration of the promotion via Facebook is in line with Facebook Policies as indicated at https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php
8. By entering the competition, entrants agree that by entering their email address they are signing up to receive newsletters and promotional materials from Hush Puppies UK. These details will not be sold or passed onto third parties.
9. Hush Puppies UK does not promote or facilitate online gambling, games of skill or lotteries, including online casino, sports books, bingo, or poker.
10. We may use your personal data to select a winner from the list of qualifiers and to contact you if you are a winner.
14. The winner of the competition will be contacted by email and announced on social media networks.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition (as defined below) (the 'Competition Terms') are known as the 'Rules'. Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
2. The Rules apply to any competition (the 'Competition') that is promoted on the Hush Puppies Shoes UK website, facebook page, Instagram or any other social media page on behalf of Hush Puppies UK.
3. Hush Puppies UK reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of Hush Puppies UKs’ reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition, will be posted on the Hush Puppies Shoes UK website. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of Hush Puppies UK shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Hush Puppies UK.
5. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is only open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom and persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom may not apply. Where a Competition is open to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom, no person may enter the Competition if the Competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
6. Hush Puppies UK reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to Hush Puppies UK disqualifying that person, without giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
7. Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition; or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. Hush Puppies UK reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
8. In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, Hush Puppies UK will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
9. Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
10. There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the Competition or access the website.
11. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one Entry per person is permitted. In the event that Hush Puppies UK discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 10 above.
12. Unless otherwise set out in the Competition Terms, Hush Puppies UK accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries.
13. Prize-winners will be selected and notified in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by Hush Puppies UK in its sole discretion)..
14. Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days Hush Puppies UK reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner.
15. Hush Puppies UK accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
16. Hush Puppies UK accepts no responsibility for Entries lost or delayed due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND DATA PROTECTION
17. Hush Puppies UK will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
18. All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
22. The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
23. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
COPIES OF THESE RULES
24. A copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: [Name of Competition], Marketing Department, Hush Puppies UK, Unit M, Quedgeley West Business Park, Hardwicke, Quedgeley, Gloucester, Gloucestershire GL2 4PH, England.
1.1 These rules apply to all competitions, prize draws, promotions, giveaways and suchlike that are promoted on and run through our website or social media channels.
1.2 To enter a competition you must enter as directed on our website or social media channels.
1.3 Our competitions are free to enter (no purchase required, unless otherwise stated).
2. Eligibility and entry restrictions
2.1 To be eligible to enter a competition:
(a) entrants must be a real person, at least 18 years old and permanently reside in the United Kingdom (proof of address or age may be required).
(b) entrants must not be our employee, officer or agent, or an employee, officer or agent of any person or organisation involved in the running of the competition, and you must not be a family relation of any such person.
(c) Competition entrants for our promotions on social media must have a genuine account and must ‘like’ the Hush Puppies UK social network page (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) as part of the entry process.
2.2 The maximum number of entries to a competition per person is 1.
2.3 The maximum number of entries for a competition shall be at our sole discretion but no less than 100 entries. Once this number of entries have been received, the competition will be closed to new entries, notwithstanding the published closing date.
3. Start and closing dates
3.1 A competition shall open for entries at the time and on the date specified on our website and/or social media channels, and similarly, shall close to entries at the time and on the date specified on our website and social media channels. Unless otherwise stated, these times and dates are set to those for UTC (Co-ordinated Universal Time).
3.2 Any entries received before the opening or after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
3.3 No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
3.4 We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, weather conditions or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of our control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by us.
3.5 Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of all of these terms and conditions.
4.1 Competition entries shall be judged or winners selected on the basis of those criteria specified on our website and/or social media channels in relation to the competition.
4.2 If a competition entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements or is subject to any entry restrictions, that entrant shall not be entitled to be adjudged a winner, and will not be entitled to a prize in any circumstances.
4.5 Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4.6 The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
5. Winners and prizes
5.1 Competition prizes for each competition shall be specified on our website or social media channels.
5.2 Competition prize winners will be notified of the competition result by email or by direct message on social media (winners must therefore ‘like’ or ‘follow’ our social media accounts in order to be contacted about prizes) not more than 30 days following the closing date of the competition, and will receive their prizes not more than 60 days following that closing date.
5.3 Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the prize winner for 14 days but if the winner fails to respond to our notification attempts within this time or provide an address for delivery of the prize or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions, we reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
5.4 The results of a competition will be announced on our website within 30 days following the closing date of the competition. The announcement may include the name and photograph, the town or region of residence and prize details of each prize winner.
5.5 No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
5.6 The winner will be chosen using a random generator online that will pick the winner(s).
5.7 Prizes will only be valid to be used online at www.hushpuppies.co.uk
6. Copyright and moral rights
6.1 You warrant to us that you created your competition entries, that you own all of the copyright in those entries, and that our use of the entries in accordance with these rules will not infringe any person's intellectual property rights or other legal rights.
6.2 You grant to us an exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable licence to copy, store, edit, distribute, transmit and publish your competition entries.
6.5 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you irrevocable and unconditionally waive your rights to be identified as the author of your competition entries and to object to any derogatory treatment of your competition entries.
7. What happens to entries?
7.1 Competition entries will not be returned. Please, therefore, keep a copy of your competition entries.
8.1 We may undertake publicity activities relating to competitions and prize awards. The winner therefore agrees to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of town or region of residence in any post-prize-winning publicity names, surnames, towns or regions of residence and prize details.
9. Our details
9.1 This prize competition is run by Hush Puppies UK.
9.2 Our registered office is Unit F & G, Quedgeley West Business Park, Hardwicke, Gloucestershire, GL2 4PH, UK.
9.3 You can contact us:
(a) by post, using the postal address given above;
(b) using our website contact form;
(c) by telephone, on +44 (0)1452 886 204.
(d) by email, using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
(e) by direct message on our social media channels.